+ What is ARMS?
ARMS is an app for both iOS and Android that uses Augmented Reality (AR) technology to view interactive objects (pictures, videos, audio or 3D files) when QR codes are scanned through a mobile device. The user enters a unique code that allows the app to display the interactive objects linked to the QR codes.
+ What is Augmented Reality (AR)?
Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology that allows users to unlock or create layers of digital information on top of the physical world that uses a mobile device’s camera.
+ Which mobile device can I use with the ARMS app?
ARMS can be used on any mobile device, including smartphone or tablet.
+ How do I use ARMS?
You can view our helpful infographic, with instructions, by clicking here. For further instructions on how to upload your assets/files and use your target image (QR code), please refer to the question below.
+ How do I upload my assets/files and use the targets images (QR codes)?
- Choose your asset/file: picture, video, audio, or 3D file.
- Give your target image a name to make it easy to find (Ex: “Lesson 1 Picture,” “Homework Instructions Video,” etc.). This step is optional.
- Click “Save” to upload the asset/file.
- Right click on the target image (QR code) and choose “Save image as…” to download.
- Place the target image anywhere you wish to use: presentations, hand-outs, or on the web.
- Make sure students have downloaded our free ARMS app from either the Apple AppStore or Google Play (Students do NOT need a login).
- Students launch the ARMS app and enter the unique code ARMS provided you with.
- Give the target image to your students to scan and the ARMS app will display the asset you choose!
+ Does ARMS work without an internet connection?
No. The app requires a 3G, 4G, or WiFi connection to both be downloaded and used.
+ What kind of assets/files can I use with ARMS?
You can upload pictures, videos, and 3D files.
+ What file formats does ARMS support?
ARMS supports the following formats: mp4, mv4, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, and obj. You can also upload a zip archive containing an obj file with its corresponding mtl file.
+ I uploaded the wrong file. How do I replace it with correct file that I want?
Simply click “Choose File” again and select the file you wish to upload and click “Save” to replace the previous file.
+ What’s the pricing for ARMS?
With the basic registration, you can try out ARMS for FREE with 1 code and 2 target images. A 1 year subscription costs $49.99 and includes 1 code and 50 targets. You can subscribe by clicking here!
+ Do you offer ARMS as a monthly subscription?
No. The ARMS subscription is only available as a per year subscription.
+ What happens when my subscription ends?
You will be notified a week in advance of your expiration date. After expiration, your subscription will automatically renew. However, if you wish to cancel your subscription at any point, you will still have the remaining subscription time that was paid for, but the subscription will not automatically renew on the expiration date.
+ Help! I have an issue but it’s not mentioned in the help section?
Can’t find an answer to your question? Please send us an email at email@example.com